NGS-IQ™ can help business analysts use Microsoft Excel pivot tables and NGS's SmartView OLAP module to gain valuable business insights. Business Analyst Tutoring is the ideal way to help your analysts take advantage of powerful features they can use to simplify and automate data analysis tasks.
An NGS representative will personally take you through this 70-minute online session. It includes a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial guide which is yours to keep. One or more users are welcome to attend.
We'll cover the following in an informative way, tailored to the level of expertise of the attendees:
1. Using NGS-IQ to Create and Update Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables
- creating an Excel pivot table
- adding pivot table charts, filters and slicers
- refreshing the pivot table
- automating the refresh process
2. Using NGS SmartView to Analyze Data
- writing queries for SmartView
- designing your layout
- drilling into your data
- filtering your data
- creating multiple analytical views
- highlighting critical values
- customizing your title, field names, fonts, and colors
- exporting to Excel and HTML
- creating a chart
- saving and updating the model based on run-time record selections
SmartView is the powerful, Windows online analytical processing (OLAP) module of NGS-IQ. It enables users to transform NGS-IQ query output into multidimensional models without requiring a database administrator or skilled consultant.
SmartView is integrated with Qport Access and IQ Server running on your IBM POWER server so that your queries process efficiently without compromising performance, security, or data integrity.
Please schedule today your Business Analyst Tutoring. If you have any questions, call us at (800) 824-1220.
Download a PDF of the Business Analyst Tutoring: Pivot Table Guide using the password NGS emailed you. If you don't know the password, contact NGS.