Qport® SmartView, NGS-IQ’s easy-to use yet powerful OLAP module, can be your ideal business reporting and visualization solution, whether you’re:
- a manager requiring up-to-the-moment profit margins
- an analyst evaluating current trends and future projections
- a user needing operational data to fulfill your department’s reports
- an IT professional developing queries that quickly compare year-to-year and period-to-period budgets, sales, inventory, and other important business data
NGS’ no-cost, online tutoring for new or skilled SmartView users offers a customized hands-on experience! You receive NGS’ ready-to-use SmartView templates and step-by-step guidance by an NGS Tutoring Specialist to import data from your database and create your own analytical reports. You immediately see meaningful analysis and visualization of your business data!
We cover SmartView capabilities, including new enhancements and the HTML5 charting module. The new release needs to be installed prior to tutoring. NGS Technical Support can assist you.
There’s no limit to the number of attendees. Complimentary, comprehensive tutorial guides are available for each person.
For details on the tutoring, read the “Fact Sheet: Business Analysis Tutoring Using NGS SmartView Templates” and watch the NEW VIDEO, “See How the SmartView Templates Work.”
Here’s the agenda of steps covered in Lesson 1 and Lesson 2. Each lesson is approximately 90 minutes and can be held in two separate sessions.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with SmartView
- Introducing the NGS SmartView Template File
- Using the SmartView Zip Utility
- Populating the NGS SmartView Template with an NGS query
- Writing queries for SmartView
- Filtering SmartView's data records
- Using predefined charts in the SmartView Template File
- Exporting static charts
- Creating unlimited analytical views
- Adding new data or new fields to an existing SmartView
- Creating calculated fields in SmartView
Lesson 2: Creating Your Own SmartViews – A HANDS-ON Session
- Populating the NGS SmartView Template with your business data
- Customizing your SmartView for your needs
- Reviewing SmartView capabilities
- Highlighting critical values in SmartView
- Viewing and using SmartView drill down
- Exporting SmartView data to Excel and HTML
- Reviewing NGS Chart Templates
- Selecting chart themes
- Understanding chart attributes
- Saving SmartView charts
- Securing the SmartView data and presentation
- Zipping your SmartView files with the Zip Utility
What Is SmartView?
SmartView is the Windows online analytical processing (OLAP) module of NGS-IQ. Users can transform NGS-IQ query output into multidimensional models without requiring a database administrator or skilled consultant, writing formulas, programs, or scripts. The data is read-only so it can’t be changed.
Its point-and-click formatting allows viewing the data in many ways without rerunning the query. Customers appreciate that SmartView significantly reduces the need to create new queries or revise existing ones.