An NGS tutoring specialist will personally take your NGS Microsoft Excel users and managers through this NO-COST, one-hour session to learn time-saving features that will enhance their Excel reporting! There's no limit to the amount of people who can attend this online class which includes a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial guide for each attendee.
We'll cover the following in an informative way, tailored to the level of expertise of the attendees:
1. Excel Reporting Basics
- sending output to Excel spreadsheets in one easy step
- creating, replacing, and appending to an Excel range
- applying Excel’s conditional formatting to your query output
- running queries from desktop shortcuts and hyperlinks
2. Additional Excel Reporting Features
- automatically translating query report break summaries into Excel formulas
- retaining leading zeros in field values (zip codes, customer numbers, item numbers, etc.)
- specifying print options from the Qport Access screen (NEW)
- enlarging the font size on your Qport Access screen (NEW)
Optional Lesson: Using NGS-IQ
to Create and Update Microsoft Excel
- creating an Excel pivot table
- adding pivot table charts, filters, and slicers
- refreshing the pivot table
- automating the refresh process
What's Qport Access?
Qport® Access lets Windows users run queries built with NGS-IQ™—NGS’ integrated query, reporting, and analytics solution—and securely and efficiently deliver results directly to Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and NGS' SmartView OLAP module.
Please schedule your Excel Tutoring and/or optional Pivot Table Lesson. If you have any questions, call us at (800) 824-1220.
Download a PDF of the Pivot Table Tutoring Guide using the password NGS emailed you. If you don't know the password, contact NGS.