The Financial Management Solution
Concert Series™ General Ledger (G/L) from NGS provides multiple company processing, a user-defined reporting hierarchy, and integrated spreadsheets that support online analysis and financial statement production.
Decision Support and Reporting
Concert Series G/L includes two decision support applications:
- ConcertPro™, a Microsoft Excel plug-in that lets you download and upload G/L data
- Management Report Writer, a query and report writing application that produces detail listings. In addition to standard reports, you can easily create your own custom reports without programming assistance.
G/L lets you budget accounts by accounting period and organizational reporting level. You can build two what-if budgets: an operating budget and an adjusted budget for each account per year – up to 4 budgets per account, per accounting period.
The Concert Series security module gives you complete control over what your users can see and do. As you define each user’s access, menus are customized to display only the functions they can perform.
G/L provides online review of account balances and activity for user-specified dates. You can inquire into consolidated balances and drill down to review the detail journal entries that make up that balance. You gain quick and easy access to accounting information, without having to run reports.
Importing data from non-NGS systems is easy. G/L integrates smoothly with your existing applications, using what one experienced IBM system integrator calls the “cleanest and best documented outside system interface on the market.”
The Features You Look For
- Easily satisfies multi-company processing and reporting requirements
- Allows for unlimited companies and reporting levels
- Offers extensive online inquiries
- Supports roll-up account balances
- Easily handles special computations and multiple computations
- Handles multi-currency
- Supports a flexible, user-defined reporting hierarchy
- Allows for any number of accounting periods per fiscal year
- Displays account balances and activity at the touch of a key
- Consolidates accounts across companies and reporting levels
- Automates manual processes by providing recurring and standard journals
- Automatically generates reversing journal entries
- Automates the allocation of funds from one account to one or more other accounts
- Supports preliminary period closes to identify and correct errors
- Tracks non-financial information, such as number of units sold and head count
- Facilitates financial analysis through online zoom-to-detail from consolidated balances
- Does not force you to close your accounting periods or fiscal years prior to posting to new accounting periods and fiscal years
- Keeps open as many periods and fiscal years as needed
- Captures retained earnings at any level of a company
- Includes online tutorials and extensive technical documentation
- Provides user-defined security at the company, reporting level, and new option level
- Allows the G/L account key to support up to 39 alphanumeric characters. The account key consists of: