The Fund Accounting Solution
The NGS Concert Series Not-for Profit General Ledger (G/L) adapts to your organization and simplifies your work. G/L’s flexible framework lets you mirror your own structure, providing the ability to present your data according to your internal and external reporting requirements.
- Easily satisfies multi-fund processing and reporting requirements
- Allows for any number of accounting periods per fiscal year
- Consolidates accounts across funds and reporting levels
- Automates manual processes by providing recurring and standard journals
- Automatically generates reversing journal entries
- Automates the allocation of funds from one account to one or more other accounts
- Supports preliminary period closes to identify and correct errors
- Tracks non-financial information with statistical accounts
- Tracks grants across funds and reports grants across fiscal periods
- Facilitates financial analysis on-line of consolidated balances and supporting detail
The Not-for-Profit G/L account key can support up to 39 alphanumeric characters and is comprised of:
Decision Support and Reporting
The Concert Series G/L comes with two decision support applications—a spreadsheet for generating financial statements and analyzing your data, and a query/report writer which produces detail listings. In addition to standard reports, you can easily create your own custom reports without programming assistance.
G/L lets you budget accounts by accounting period and organizational reporting level. You can build two what-if budgets, an operating budget and an adjusted budget for each account per year.
The Concert Series Security module gives you complete control over what your users can see and do. As you define each user’s access, menus are customized to display only the functions each individual can perform.
G/L provides on-line review of account balances and activity for user-specified dates. You can inquire into consolidated balances and drill down to the detail journal entries when necessary. You gain quick and easy access to your accounting information, without having to run reports.
Importing data from non-NGS systems is easy because G/L comes with what one experienced IBM system integrator calls the “cleanest and best documented outside system interface on the market.”